By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #53 weekly event with Techmonkey winning for second time in a row. Bracket | Video
- Otochun won the Redbull Battlegrounds tournament of last weekend. Aniken, Afrolegends and Damdai were 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively. Special thanks to Jimmy Nguyen (shinjn) for the organizational leadership, Chris Doyle (technical monkey) for his Technical support and David Bibona (Atari) for his hard work to make this a successful tournament. Brackets
- Eventhubs interviewed the twin brothers Otochun and Aniken preview to the tournament aforementioned. Aniken posted a bunch of pictures on his twitter during the weekend.
- Technical Monkey and Silentscope visited the guys from I Fix Machine for some casuals the day before they went to Redbull Tournament and 2old2Furious respectively. Stream
- Skillions 2 old 2 Furious took place in NYC with JoshC taking the tournament. Bracket | Stream
- The tournament that was supposed to happen at Game Galaxy in Smyrna, TN two weeks ago was postponed to this last Tuesday. Unfortunately, there are no recorded videos. DreamTR, Papstr and Beatemup formed the podium of the event.
- Dbostick organized a small online tournament on Fightcade last Tuesday. King of the Dojo 7. Brackets | Stream
- Tournament Tuesday will be held on Fighcade this week. Organized by Nagata Lock from Canada. Registrations are now open.
- Wednesday Night Fights took place on Wednesday with the surprise visit of DGV. Tomo beat Afrolegends in the finals. Videos will be posted soon on eltrouble’s channel.
- New videos from Canada Cup have been posted on Atari’s channel. Top 8, casuals and many more.
- Monthly ranking battle at Kawachieiwa Enpara arcade in Osaka (Kansai). Part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4. [Shogatsu’s nico channel]
- Game Newton Ooyama speacial team tournament (Kanto)
- Game Daytona Shiki tournament (Kanto) with Kawasim Dhalsim and Naka Feilong making it to the finals.
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu) with MAO and Opemai Claw as team captains. [MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with Yuzuru DJ and PECO new Ken as team captains. [GSV youtube channel]
- Amipara Technoland East vs West tournament (Kansai) with Kibidaru Dhalsim and Urakeni boxer as team captains.
- Latest live stream of Shogatsu from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). North vs South tournament. No annotations for now.
- Another North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu. For some reason there is no sound in the video.
- Shinonii old Sagat is the first Japanese confirmed for X-Mania Europe 5.
- Fightcade Offline Festival 2nd edition (March 2018) is open for registrations now.
- The third DVDs lent by Kusumondo has been posted on youtube by eltrouble. It’s a single 2on2 tournament where each player can use with their secondary character. Playlist
By kuroppi |
JoshC defeats BAS in the grand finals of the Skillions 2 Old 2 Furious Super Turbo tournament from November 18th, 2017.
By kuroppi |
Otochun takes the Red Bull Battle Grounds Super Turbo title by defeating his brother, Aniken in the Grand Finals. AfroLegends takes 3rd place.
By kuroppi |
Super Turbo at Canada Cup attracted 90 Super Turbo players from around the world (Canada, USA, Japan, France) and the top 8 was an amazing display that if you still haven’t seen it, here’s your chance. AtariFGC recently uploaded the Top 8 footage to his YouTube channel, which features, Mattsun, Kusumondo, TOMO, Shogatsu, Damdai, Koemon, Riz0ne, and Ultracombo.
By kuroppi |
DGV made an appearance at this week’s Wednesday Night Fights and takes third place. TOMO takes the tournament by defeating AfroLegends in the Grand Finals.
Wednesday Night Fights – 11.15.17
November 15, 2017
Santa Ana, CA
Video: Coming Soon
[table “” not found /]
Photo courtey of @KillrMillerTime
By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #52 weekly event with Techmonkey and RenoMD coming back after a few weeks break. Bracket | Video
- Free Play arcade in Texas have announced next year tournament (March 24) which will have a $5000 guaranteed price pool, probably the highest ever given in an ST tournament.
- JED07 won the Rumble In The Tundra 7 tournament. Bracket | Stream
- Damdai and tomo are now confirmed to go to the Redbull Battlegrounds tournament. It’s been three years since the top 2 players in the US participated in the same tournament. This time along the most famous brothers in the scene. Otochun is also considered the #1 player by most of the Japanese crew.
- Space Shuttle (Chubu) special 3on3 tournament (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6). Some players took the spot of two or even three players forming a team on their own. Not sure about the rules there. Do you want to see how Yondaime performs with O. Sagat?
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu) with MAO and Superstar Boxer as team captains.
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with Kawasim Dhalsim and Kazumatan Claw as team captains.
- Gamespot Versus special 3on3 tournament (Kanto)
- Gamespot Versus weekend tournament (Kanto) with some strange rules where players had to switch to other characters or old versions of the character at certain times throughout the tournament.
- Amipara Technoland single tournament (Kansai). They are located in Okayama which is even further in the west than Osaka. Players are not known outside of Japan but the level is very high. Don’t miss the montage of the intro of the players with some guitar music in the background.
- Game Daytona Shiki tournament (Kanto) with a format which is quite common in Japan but I don’t know the name. Basically, after everybody has played, the two players with the longest streak get into a FT3 final.
Shogatsu had some pending videos from previous weeks that he uploaded now:
- Ratio tournament from the HL-SEGA Nishinakajima arcade (Kansai). The ratio list has been added to the goukipedia tiers section. It’s funny how they list Gouki with 15.5 points but you can only chose characters up to 15 points total.
- Latest live stream of Shogatsu from some arcade in Kansai (annotations are still missing). For some reason there is no sound but the games are all annotated on screen. Aniken, Murasaki, Kusumondo and others are present too.
- North vs South special tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). Similar to the East vs West in Tokyo, it just means that there are two teams facing each other regardless of the geographical location of the players. This time the two teams are old (age) players [Nintendo team] vs young players [Super Famicon team]
- Another North vs South tournament but with a spectacular final between Gunze and Shogatsu [minute 56], one of the most lopsided matchups of the game but with Gunze making the most of it. Gunze openly admits that he loves bad matchups, that’s why he probably plays Zangief to death.
- Bonus (!): Three weeks ago Shogatsu also streamed a North vs South tournament. This time with a final between ShootingD (who was supposed to be retired) against Otochun [minute 53]. You can see that ShootingD is still in top shape even if it’s 2017 and not 2005.
- First Attack youtube channel interviewed the organizers of X-Mania Europe 5 to get more details about the event. [In French]
- François (aka ISIMORN) re-streamed 2 hours of content from Japanese arcades with French commentary.
- Nantarena 17.2 announced they will hold a 2X side tournament @ Nantes on December 3. Registration
- Monthly SFO tournament took place but no videos have been posted yet.
By kuroppi |
Free Play in Arlington is hosting the 2018 Spring Series tournament on March 24-25, 2018 with a guaranteed $5k prize pool and satellite tournaments in California, New York, and Toronto. They are also in contact to bring in Japanese players to the event. There will be two head-to-head candy cabs used for the tournament.
- $5,000 guaranteed prize pool.
- $25 to enter the tournament.
- Head-to-Head Candy Cab setups. Sanwa hardware. GMX.
- 96 player spots available.
- Registration opens early January 2018.
- At Free Play Arlington.
- Event starts on 3/24 at 3:00 PM and runs until 32 players remain.
- Final 32 reconvene at Free Play Arlington on 3/25 at 1:00 PM for remainer of tournament.
- Double elimination.
- Each round is best 2 out of 3 matches except Final Matches (WBF, LBF, Finals), which are best 3 out of 5.
Read the full details on the 2018 Spring Series Facebook Event Page.
By yogaboy |
News from last week:
- Results and a documentary of a new tournament in Chicago, IL called “No Drinks on the Astro City” have been posted. Bracket | Documentary
- There are brackets and videos of the “Super Turbo for Charity” tournament at Free Play Arcade in Texas with Riz0ne taking it. Almost a 24 hour video! Bracket | Stream archive
- A small gathering was held in Brooklyn, NY to play ST called “I Fix Machine” . Event details
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #51 weekly event with a Mexican final between Hokuto and djfrijoles. Bracket | Video
- The official channel for Canada Cup has posted all the footage from the tournament including offstream and casual matches. Annotations will be coming soon. Make sure to subscribe to the channel.
- This Saturday in Buffalo, NY there’s a regional called Rumble In The Tundra 7 with ST as side tournament. Registration | Stream
- There is an online tournament organized from Canada on November 8th with the intention of reviving the Tournament Tuesdays event. Registration
- Jason Wilson will be hosting a tournament near Nashville, TN on Nov 11 at 5pm. Game Galaxy in Smyrna, TN is the location of the venue which has 400 arcade and pinball machines on Free Play and 30 console setups.
- AfroLegends, Otochun, Riz0ne and Techmonkey are now confirmed to go to the Redbull Battlegrounds tournament
- On the same day as the Redbull Tournament there will be the 2 old 2 furious event in NY with the presence of SilentScope from SoCal. Event details
- Gamespot Newton Ooyama in a team tournament with Shal Boxer and Tomoza Dictator among others
- Gamespot Versus East vs West weekly with Nikaiten and Kawasim as team captains
- Game Daytona Shiki tournament with the now better known Koemon making it to the final
- Next major is still far away (December) with the 4FOX tournament. A team tournament of 4 people each with the rule of having 2 world warriors, 1 new challenger and 1 boss character in each team.
- Ticket sales for X-Mania Europe 5 (2018) are now open. The tournament is part of the HFS Summer which holds tournaments for 3.3 and windjammers too. Registration and info | Trailer
- There is the aforementioned upcoming online tournament from Canada on November 8th. Registration
- There was a small online tournament held in Spain with the intention of repeating it once a month
- Fightcade 2 beta is now opened for accounts created up to 2016.
- The first one of the 16 DVDs lent by Kusumondo has been posted on youtube by eltrouble with Kusumondo’s permission of course
By kuroppi |
Some Midwest Super Turbo results coming your way as we have Miguel winning the “No Drinks on the Astro City” tournament that took place in Chicago, IL last month. Joesph Alpine documented the tournament and the video can be found here.
ThatArchvillan credits Will English for putting the event together.
Photo and results courtesy of ThatArchvillan
By kuroppi |
Coming off the heels of the amazing Canada Cup Super Turbo tournament which featured some of the top players from the USA, Japan and Canada, another big ST event is coming to the Northeast on November 18-19 at the Capcom Pro Tour North American Finals at the Red Bull Battle Grounds in Boston, MA. This event will also feature some huge names in the Super Turbo world, including the debut of the Japanese Grandmaster brothers Otochun and Aniken in the USA. EVO Champion AfroLegends will make the trip to the East Coast to take on the Japanese superstars. And top East Coast players, Riz0ne and Technical Monkey will also compete in the tournament, as well as the world famous Justin Wong. Super Turbo will have a $1000 prize pool up for grabs.
For the 30th Anniversary of Street FIghter, the event will have tournaments for Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter: 3rd Strike, and Ultra Street Fighter 4, along with two Street Fighter V qualifier tournaments for the Capcom Pro Tour Finals: one is a 512 player open bracket and the second will feature the winners of the regional monthly Red Bull Proving Grounds Tournaments for the other qualifier spot.
Registration is only $10 to compete and is free to spectate. Register now!
Full details can be found at the Red Bull Battlegrounds website.