By kuroppi |
With this new year, we bring you a new ToL!
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of Street Fighter, we have listened to popular demand, and are happy to announce that we have made big plans to run another TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS! We’re very excited to announce TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS III, which will build on the worldwide success of the previous ToLs, held in 2012 and 2014. These events were preceded by qualifier events all around the globe, and that will once again be the case with ToL III.
As you’ve seen in the last couple years, big things have happened in ST at Canada Cup, and to build on that, the Super Turbo Revival Committee has decided to run ToL III at Canada Cup 2018. Rest assured that the committee is working hard to make the third installment of TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS bigger than ever.
Once again, there will be 32 spots for the tournament, the bulk of which will go to qualifiers, with the remaining spots being assigned to Japanese invites. Qualifiers will be held in the US, Canada, France, and the UK, and we have several already locked in, with more to be announced in due course. There will also be a number of last-chance qualifier spots up for grabs at Canada Cup.
Visit the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS III page for more information about ToLIII.
Stay tuned to NHC, Twitter, and www.strevival.com for the latest updates and announcements, and we hope to see you at ToL III.
By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #58 weekly event with H-Zero vs Jarek in the final. Bracket | Video
- The first qualifier of the 2018 Spring Series in TX will happen this coming January 6 @ Don’s Arcade called SoCal Super Turbo Qualifier. Event page
- Atari posted the second and third parts of the Red Bull tournament casuals. In part, it was thanks to celebrate the fact his channel has reached 100 subscribers. Annotations will be added to the description of the videos very soon.
- Atari also posted the footage of the NEC tournament that happened last week. Annotations will be added very soon.
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu) with two teams of three people: Prince, MAO and Kyouju vs. Yondaime, The Superstar and Tasaka. To make it longer they do a whole set with each team playing the 16 characters leaving their main characters to the very end. The final part is an exciting match between MAO and Tasaka Cammy [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekend tournament (Kanto). A 4vs4 team tournament format this time.
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with the return of Souzou FeiLong! Kawasim Dhalsim and Kawamata Ryu were the team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki special tournament (Kanto). The two players with the longest run who made it to the final were Su Dhalsim and Shal Dictator.
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu with a Mori Boxer and Shogatsu defending their teams in the final.
- Amipara Technoland East vs West tournament (Kansai). They also had a ‘winner stays’ format run on the same day.
- The First Attack community had their ranking battle with Solinvictus, Pierrot (aka Pijo) and Boulben making the top 3. Video of the finals | Bracket
- There was an announcement (actually, a teaser) in our twitter account about a possible upcoming event in 2018. Take your guess.
By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #57 weekly event with H-Zero (O. Sagat) from Mexico taking it over Techmonkey (ChunLi). Bracket | Video
- Marsgatti won the ST tournament @ NEC18 held in Pennsylvania. Videos will be posted soon. Stream archive | Bracket
- IFixMachine and 2Old2Furious have joined forces to organize a tournament on January 13 in NY. This tournament will be a qualifier for the Free Play Texas tournament of next year.
- Super Turbo Showdown has been announced for February 3. It will be held in Toronto. This tournament will be also a qualifier for the Free Play tournament.
- IFixMachine also announced they will be holding a special event on December 30. So if you are in the NY area you already have a tournament waiting for you.
- The Super Turbo Chile community run their weekly ST event on Wednesday. Live video of the finals | Bracket
- Atari posted the first part of the casuals set played at the Redbull tournament that happened a month ago. You can see a lot of Otochun, Aniken, Ultracombo and other players in it.
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu) with the visit of Ha-kun Honda to the arcade. Since there weren’t too many people they decided to put Ha-Kun on one team and the rest of the players on the other with unusual characters (except in the exhibition). That gives you the chance to see rare plays like MAO picking ChunLi and Zangief. [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekend tournament (Kanto) with a mini east vs. west format with Shal Boxer and Seo ChunLi as team captains.
- Neyagawa ABC monthly ranking battle in Osaka (Kansai) [part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4] with MAO visiting from Nagoya. However, the lack of detailed annotations and information about the format makes it a little bit hard to follow.
- Game Newton Ooyama special team tournament (Kanto) with a lot of good matches from Bunshin FeiLong.
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with Kawasim Dhalsim and Kawamata Ryu as team captains. There has been an inside joke in the arcade for the last 3 weeks where they change some player names to character names from ‘Dragon Quest’. This must be very fun for them but not so much for us to follow. For instance, the guy playing with FeiLong as ‘Eigyou Buchou’ is Yuuvega messing around with Fei. Senshi Lv50 is Taichou Zangief (not Atomic Boy). Moyomoto Lv49 is Kawasim. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki special tournament (Kanto) with the return of Keishin ChunLi! However, the two players with the longest run who made it to the final were Kawasim Dhalsim and Shal Ken.
By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #56 weekly event with a final between Real Decoy (Blanka) and Techmonkey (ChunLi) going to the last game last round. Bracket | Video
- Wednesday Night Fights @ eSports Arena had some crazy exciting finals between tomo (Ryu), Afro Legends (DJ/Boxer) and eltrouble (Dhalsim). Videos
- Dbostick announced he will be hosting the last ‘The King of the Dojo’ online tournament of the year. December 19 @7pm Pacific time. 1st place will win a $10 digital gift card for Steam. Registration
- Bob Huynh is still in the US so they organized a tournament at Garret Tuttle’s place with arcade cabinets. Videos | Bracket
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu). A FT3 format between the two teams. MAO and Superstar are the team captains. [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with a special visit of Kusumondo from Osaka. He and Kawasim were the team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki special tournament (Kanto). Lots of action with a 2on2 tournament, a 5on5 special and a Kawamata Ryu Kumite!
- Gamespot Versus special single tournament (Kanto). Top 4 was formed by Hide ChunLi, Mu Dhalsim, Kusa Honda (alt char) and Yakitori Old Hawk.
- Gamespot Versus special 3on3 event. Final: Minarai (O. Ryu), Haijin (Ryu), Kusa (ChunLi) vs. Cross (FeiLong), Tomoza (Dictator), Suzuki (Zangief).
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu with a final between himself and Kusumondo.
- A tournament took place in Strasburg, France, called Bat’cade V. The recorded grand final was between DonYann (Ken) and Milanea (Old Honda/Honda). Video | Bracket
- Another article coming from the LaDoseNet translation project of the Yoga Books. This time it’s Old Ken.
- MAO confirmed he will be going to the Fightcade Offline Festival in Spain next March.
- Capcom announced a 30th Anniversary Collection to be released on several platforms in May 2018. ST will have online play, rankings, sprite viewers and galleries among other features. We don’t know how faithful it will be to the arcade until we can test it. Trailer
By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #55 weekly event with a RenoMD vs. Techmonkey final going to the last game last round. Bracket | Video
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu). More crowded than usual. Don’t miss the crazy final between Yondaime Old Sagat (not New!) and MAO [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with Hustler Claw and Kawamata Ryu as team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki tournament (Kanto). The two players with the longest win streak get into the final. Su Dhalsim vs Nakajima Guile in this case.
- Gamespot Versus special 3on3 event. Exciting team tournament with the usual guys at GSV.
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu with an amazing final between Kusumondo and KKY.
- Game Newton Ooyama tournament (Kanto). With a 4vs4 double bracket format.
- There are more details about the upcoming major in Japan (there are 4 each year) also known as FOX tournament, a 4vs4 event. The date of the tournament will be on December 30th with two special events, one the the day before the tournament and one the day after. The one on the 31st will be the classic Nagata special event for new year’s eve.
- The French community ‘First Attack’ run their ranking battle with Pe1port taking it with his Blanka. Videos of the final have been posted in their facebook event page.
By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #54 weekly event with Techmonkey, x64 and kuroppi as the resulting podium. Bracket | Video
- Bob Huynh (aka Mr Bob) was paying a visit to Minneapolis from Japan so the local guys from the famous Paradise Arcade Shop organized a special tournament for the occasion. The videos of the final can be found in the facebook page of the event. Bracket
- The first qualifier of the big 2018 Spring Series tournament in TX has been announced and it will take place @ Don’s Arcade in Torrance, CA on January 6th. A facebook page is likely to be created with more details soon.
- The same Texas guys of the aforementioned tournament streamed their monthly ST event @ the Free Play Arlington arcade this week. Bracket | Stream
- Eltrouble uploaded several videos to his channel of the WNF that occurred on the Wednesday before the Redbull tournament. There you can see DGV, Tomo and AfroLegends going at each other.
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu). This week they did a 5 team vs a 3 team. First to two team victories. Superstar and MAO as team captains [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with Hustler Claw and Kawasim Dhalsim as team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki tournament (Kanto) with most players playing their alt character. The two players with the longest win streak get into the final. Cellotape Zangief vs Kawasim DJ in this case.
- Gamespot Versus special event. Nikaiten is the owner of GSV arcade. It was his birthday so they made a special event where he plays against everyone using all 16 characters. For some reason they did the same format few days after.
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu. This week with the visit of Tomoza Dictator from Tokyo. Shogatsu started putting the player names in both Japanese and English.
- Amipara Technoland East vs West tournament (Kansai) [part 1, part 2, part 3] with Kibidaru Dhalsim and Urakeni boxer as team captains.
- The guys from X-Mania Europe 5 have announced that TMF Zangief will be their second Japanese invite. Shinonii was the first one announced last week.
- TMF will also be attending the Fightcade Offline Festival in Spain as their first Japanese invite.
- The guys from LaDoseNet played the last ranking battle of the year @ Gamespirit in Lyon. They play several games but here is the video (with French commentary) of the 2X part with Zarghatt, ISIMORN and Bansheebot forming the podium. Bracket
- KidAkira posted a new video of Ryu combos. Thankfully, unlike most videos recorded from Fightcade, it’s in 4:3 instead of 16:9.
By yogaboy |
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum had its #53 weekly event with Techmonkey winning for second time in a row. Bracket | Video
- Otochun won the Redbull Battlegrounds tournament of last weekend. Aniken, Afrolegends and Damdai were 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively. Special thanks to Jimmy Nguyen (shinjn) for the organizational leadership, Chris Doyle (technical monkey) for his Technical support and David Bibona (Atari) for his hard work to make this a successful tournament. Brackets
- Eventhubs interviewed the twin brothers Otochun and Aniken preview to the tournament aforementioned. Aniken posted a bunch of pictures on his twitter during the weekend.
- Technical Monkey and Silentscope visited the guys from I Fix Machine for some casuals the day before they went to Redbull Tournament and 2old2Furious respectively. Stream
- Skillions 2 old 2 Furious took place in NYC with JoshC taking the tournament. Bracket | Stream
- The tournament that was supposed to happen at Game Galaxy in Smyrna, TN two weeks ago was postponed to this last Tuesday. Unfortunately, there are no recorded videos. DreamTR, Papstr and Beatemup formed the podium of the event.
- Dbostick organized a small online tournament on Fightcade last Tuesday. King of the Dojo 7. Brackets | Stream
- Tournament Tuesday will be held on Fighcade this week. Organized by Nagata Lock from Canada. Registrations are now open.
- Wednesday Night Fights took place on Wednesday with the surprise visit of DGV. Tomo beat Afrolegends in the finals. Videos will be posted soon on eltrouble’s channel.
- New videos from Canada Cup have been posted on Atari’s channel. Top 8, casuals and many more.
- Monthly ranking battle at Kawachieiwa Enpara arcade in Osaka (Kansai). Part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4. [Shogatsu’s nico channel]
- Game Newton Ooyama speacial team tournament (Kanto)
- Game Daytona Shiki tournament (Kanto) with Kawasim Dhalsim and Naka Feilong making it to the finals.
- Space Shuttle weekly tournament (Chubu) with MAO and Opemai Claw as team captains. [MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekly tournament (Kanto) with Yuzuru DJ and PECO new Ken as team captains. [GSV youtube channel]
- Amipara Technoland East vs West tournament (Kansai) with Kibidaru Dhalsim and Urakeni boxer as team captains.
- Latest live stream of Shogatsu from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). North vs South tournament. No annotations for now.
- Another North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu. For some reason there is no sound in the video.
- Shinonii old Sagat is the first Japanese confirmed for X-Mania Europe 5.
- Fightcade Offline Festival 2nd edition (March 2018) is open for registrations now.
- The third DVDs lent by Kusumondo has been posted on youtube by eltrouble. It’s a single 2on2 tournament where each player can use with their secondary character. Playlist
By kuroppi |
JoshC defeats BAS in the grand finals of the Skillions 2 Old 2 Furious Super Turbo tournament from November 18th, 2017.
By kuroppi |
Otochun takes the Red Bull Battle Grounds Super Turbo title by defeating his brother, Aniken in the Grand Finals. AfroLegends takes 3rd place.