Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum run their #64 weekly event. H-Zero and x64 made it to the final. Bracket | Video
- There were both online and offline tournaments organized in a town 2 hours from Toronto. Only the stream archive of the online one is available to view.
- There will be an event called Rewind II @ E-sports Arena in LA on February 17. Several games will be featured in there and ST will have a side tournament.
- Vampire Arcadia will hold the Makai World Cup event in Cincinnati on March 10. ST will be one of the games of the event.
- Another FT10 has been added to the X-Count project in Osaka (Kansai). The match is really spectacular between Gunze Zangief and Tsuji Boxer (live version | restreamed version). This coming Saturday will be the day for the previously announced Otochun vs Teppei.
- SeanSRK and Chris Delp were invited to the Matmouse arcade in their final days in Japan. The players who gathered there to play were Mattsun Ken, Kameraya Ken, Shu Ken, Soiya and yaya. Video (no annotations)
- Space Shuttle special tournament (Chubu). Well, not exactly at Space Shuttle… the guys from the arcade went to some sort of pub and they played and commented the tournament from there while they were happily having some drinks (I guess they moved all the streaming equipment and maybe the cabinet there). The format is also a little bit unusual: a team tournament between two teams with each player using 4 characters.
- Space Shuttle weekly team tournament (Chubu) with Superstar Boxer and Prince Chunli as team captains. Don’t miss the exhibition at the intro of MAO playing Bomberman! [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus special tournament (Kanto) with a very special format where players do one game with their main character and another game using the character of their opponent. If the result at that point is 1-1 then they do a final match with the players using their main characters again. Just think of how many fun situations and mental pressure this format can lead: your opponent being better than you with your own character or the other way around. KKY was visiting from Osaka and he participates in a final exhibition after the tournament.
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto) with Kawasim Dhalsim and Bunchin Fei as team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. The intense final is between Gucchi Ryu and Keishin Claw (!)
- Stunfest is back after last year’s absence. They announced they will have both teams and singles tournaments for ST/2X. 15-17 May. Registrations are already open.
- LaDoseNet celebrated its 5th anniversary with a weekend tournament. Zagi and Balcork were invited over from Paris. Videos will be posted with annotations on youtube soon. Stream archive | Bracket
- First Attack will be having their 5th ranking battle on February 18th. Event details
- Atari started a project along David Spence (aka dublo7) in order to digitalize a lot of tournament footage from the US in the early 2000s. All that content has been seating on VHS for the longest time and now it’s been posted on Atari’s youtube channel (one video for now, more coming soon)
- The site Goukipedia is planning to publish a new section called ‘extras’ which will host a lot of content coming from magazines, merchandise and other sources. The first part of that section is the one dedicated to the 1994 Bandai Cards, specifically those dedicated to SF2. Many more details about the cards will be added to the FAQ section soon.
- Fudd DJ started a project, along with the Free Play arcade guys, where he will be posting about a normal of the game every week. In his posts he will be going through the insights and uses of the move supported by stories or graphic data. In his first episode he talks about Ken j.HK.