- Tournament of Legends III made a first draft of the poster that will have all the qualified players. Next stop will be at Final Round tournament in Atlanta on March 16-18.
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum run their #67 weekly event. The final this week was between x64 and Kuroppi. Bracket | Video
- A teaser trailer has been posted on the X-Count project youtube channel. Kusumondo will be facing another player who hasn’t been revealed yet. The date is unknown as well. This project is hosted in Osaka but they have worked together with Mattsun in Tokyo to host all the X-Count information in the ssf2x.net domain where the Tokyo tournaments are usually announced. It’s nice to see these two areas in Japan working together this way.
- Daigo is adding some more hype to the upcoming Kemonomichi battle between Kotaka Shoten and Ito DJ. He posted a video where he talks about how DJ wasn’t played seriously in the scene until Ito came in the late 2000s (15 years after the release of the game) and made DJ a relevant character in tournaments, opening the doors to new players after him and even causing some changes in the tier list (according to MAO).
- Another long set found in the old Japanese arcade streams. A 30 minute set from 2016 between Mattsun Ken and Yuzuru DJ.
- Space Shuttle weekly team tournament (Chubu) with Futachan Ryu and MAO as team captains and the guest visit of Ando Old FeiLong. [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus special tournament (Kanto). A very high level 3vs3 tournament as part of their XV3on3S series. Besides Yakitori beasting with his Old Hawk as usual you can also see the best ChunLi’s in Tokyo facing each other several times including the decisive match.
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu. KKY Dhalsim and Shogatsu himself are defending their teams in the final.
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto) with Kawasim Dhalsim and Aoba Claw as team captains and the guest visit of Bazoukha Boxer from France. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Tomoza Boxer and Ochamaru Honda.
- Konbo and Rushdown Edinburg associations joined forces to organize a tournament in Edinburg (UK) on March 25. It will have New Astro City cabinets and a £50 bonus to the winner on top of the pot split.
- BeatBy44 association had their second monthly ranking battle in Nantes (France) with a final between MMK and TheDead and with a newcomer player called Fappy who dares to play Hawk and Gief as his mains. Videos will be coming soon. Bracket
- The same BeatBy44 group has been reminding everyone that their biggest event of the year is coming on April 7 with the Nantarena 18.1.
- Someone in France proposed to use the vs-league platform to make a 2X online league in Europe. For now, he posted event link to see how many players sign up to this idea.
- STNotW (ST Normal of the Week) by Fudd DJ and hosted on the Free Play Arcade group. This week’s subject is ChunLi Jump medium kick.
- Atari posted a third video of The Dublo7 Archives series. The old tournament is held at 8 on the Break in Dunellen, NJ on July 22, 2001. In the video you can see Pete Talley and Bill Gould (Nothingness) among other players.