- The Spring Series tournament was one of the big tournaments of this past weekend with players coming from everywhere in North America and 5 top Japanese players in the tournament too. There are too many hype moments and upsets to list here. The tournament also had the dream final any viewer could wish for. Here are the links to the stream archive. The post will be made again once the videos are up on youtube with annotations. Day 1: Pools + Casuals. Day 2: Casuals (part 1, 2, 3), Top 32 + Losers bracket (part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7), Grand finals + award ceremony + Finalist interviews | Bracket: Pools + Top 32
- The fourth qualifier of Tournament of Legends III will be at NorCal Regionals @ Sacramento this weekend (March 30). The finals will be streamed by TeamSp00ky at noon PST time. Remember that you can still get the final signed poster of the Tournament of Legends.
- Akihabara Arcade in Colorado announced they will be running a tournament in June with ST as one of the games.
- Monday Night Fightcade @ Arkadeum run their #70 weekly event. The final this week was between H-Zero Old Sagat and Rakanishu Blanka. Bracket | Video | Leaderboard
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto) with Tasaka Cammy as a guest coming from Nagoya. Oja (aka Hide) ChunLi and Kawamata Ryu were team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Newton Ooyama team tournament (Kanto) with the top players in Tokyo running an East vs West format.
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Kusa ChunLi and Hide ChunLi.
- Amipara Technoland Monthly tournament (Kansai). They also run an East vs West tournament on the same day.
- Playland F1R 2on2 tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan.
- Fightcade Offline Festival was the other big event of the weekend with many European ST players coming from several countries and 2 top Japanese players too. Even though there were issues with the streaming, Chispes was able to record the tournament and Atari re-streamed the top 8 of both solo and team tournaments on Sunday. Isimorn did the commentary but unfortunately it’s not available in the final videos. Those who enjoy seeing MAO losing must know that he had a couple of defeats in this event. Videos with annotations: 3vs3 (Pools + top 8), Solo | Brackets: 3vs3, Solo
- Fightcade Offline Festival was the third qualifier for Tournament of Legends III. Based on the rules, the spot goes to the highest placing European player, which is Zarghatt ChunLi, now in the latest poster of legends.
- The last WSO sessions in the UK had access to the 30th anniversary collection and made a 40 minute special showcase of ST (minute 50:18) with guest players like Orf and Kaosflare having a FT5 (minute 1:13:27).
- Many big associations in Europe are teaming up for a project called The Mix Up that will involve 2X tournaments of some sort. For now there is a teaser on their website and a description “French groups from all over the country are regrouping to build a major as we never did”.
- An old video of BeatBy44 association who run their second monthly ranking battle in Nantes (France) a couple of weeks ago with a final between MMK and TheDead and with a newcomer player called Fappy who dares to play Hawk and Gief as his mains. Warning: the video is in 16:9 instead of 4:3. Video | Bracket
- There will be retro event in Paris called Play (by Pax) on April 21 and 22. The group First Attack (the same organizers of X-Mania 5) will be running several tournaments including 2X.
- LiangHuBBB made another great compilation with highlights from all over the world of the last 5 years, including clips from tournaments in Canada, USA, Europe and Japan.
- STNotW (ST Normal of the Week) by Fudd DJ and hosted on the Free Play Arcade group. This week’s subject is Guile standing mk close and far.
- 30th Anniversary Collection is already available to pre-order on Steam.