- The fundraiser of Tournament of Legends III is getting better and better and it’s already at $1K. For that same reason, the first Japanese invite to the event has been announced. Mattsun Ken will be at ToL3.
- A reminder that Texas Showdown is coming up this weekend as part of the Tournament of Legends III qualifier. In their schedule you can check the ST tournament times but they are not so specific about the stream details yet.
- Top 8 of SCR 2017 has been uploaded to youtube, better late than never. The final was between Tomo and AfroLegends. James Chen on the mic for the second half.
- WNF @ e-sports Arena in LA is going to be weekly (instead of bi-weekly) until 30th Anniversary is released. Last week WNF is already available on youtube. Unfortunately, a conflict with the other games and timing prevented the top3 to be recorded. Offstream, Tomo beat Millertime in the finals.
- If WNF wasn’t enough work silentscope and Millertime are also recording the Friday sessions in the recently reopened Super Arcade. The casuals from the first Friday are recorded with an improvised setup and now available on youtube.
- LordJimmyBones has been streaming ST sessions on his channel several times this week. Check the latest stream archive to access to his videos.
- Monday Night Fightcade @ Arkadeum run their #75 weekly event. The final this week was between x64 and H-Zero. Bracket | Video | Leaderboard
- Bonus: from South America, the newly created group of ST in Argentina organized a small tournament on Fightcade 1 and they are planning to run another one this coming Sunday but this time on Fightcade 2. Bracket
- A reminder that Kakerugo will happen this weekend, the biggest major in Japan (5vs5 format) with 38 teams registered so far (190 players). For some unknown reason, there are several Japanese players that are coming back to this tournament after months or even years of inactivity like Muteki, Sasori, Souzou, Gian, ARG, etc. The bad news is that neither Otochun nor Aniken will make it for the 4th time in a row even though they promised they would in a recent interview. There will also be a special character tournament as a pre-event on Friday. Complete list of teams and brackets.
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto), Kawamata Ryu and Kawasim Dhalsim were team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Another long set from previous arcade footage that was never properly published: Gucchi Ryu vs MB Boxer from 2015. Video
- Game Newton Ooyama team tournament (Kanto), East vs West format with plenty of grandmasters visiting the arcade this week. Hide, Gian, Shiki, Yuuvega and Keishin among them.
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. Players usually play one lap with their main and another one with their alt character. This week’s final is between Isaji Cammy and Hide ChunLi.
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu. Teppei Guile and Yomiaidou Ryu were defending their teams in the final.
- Amipara Technoland monthly tournament (Chugoku). The East vs West team tournament format they did after the main tournament we linked last week.
- Playland F1R 2on2 tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan.
- The meet-up at COIN-OP in Paris, organized by Karot Blanka, took place this last weekend with 17 players attending. The final was between Bazoukha (aka Kalel) Boxer and Profesor Jones Dictator. There was also an exhibition team tournament, East vs West style. By the time of this publication the videos are still being processed and uploaded but they will be available on this channel. Team results | Brackets | Videos
- The video of the PAX 2vs2 tournament of last week in Paris has been uploaded. No annotations nor bracket are available yet.
- Isimorn and Zarghatt did another ‘delayed commentary’ session in French of both the last GSV in Tokyo and the Kansai vs Chubu in Nagoya from few weeks ago.
- LaDOSE uploaded the video of the ‘Nuit du Versus Anniversary Edition‘ tournament from February with a final between Zagi ChunLi and Nayma Honda. Bracket
- On Sunday, Gamespirit hosted the monthly LaDOSE ranking battle. It was streamed on twitch and it will be uploaded to youtube eventually. The final was between Zarghatt ChunLi and Kazel DJ. Bracket
- The guys from the 2X French Discord group organized a small online tournament played on Fightcade. Bracket
- A reminder that HFSPlay event will have a 2X tournament this weekend (strangely called X-Mania Europe V), both solo and team formats. Unfortunately, only top8 will be streamed on their channel. List of players | Schedule | Stream channel
- STNotW (ST Normal of the Week) by Fudd DJ and hosted on the Free Play Arcade group. The subject this time is FeiLong fierce buttons.
- Millertime has moved all the upcoming tweets about ST videos of the series that we announced last week to the hashtag #sf2vids. They will be a new publication every day until 30th anniversary is released.
- The Street Fighter ‘The Miniatures Game’ that we mentioned last week has successfully reached +$1.3M of founding which means that they will include the 17 ST characters.