Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- The release of 30th Anniversary has taken over most of the events and time of those who have tested the game. Several player’s stream channels like lordjimmybones, damdai_, unessential, rekkaken76, rockmanexe1, nycfurby (& IFixMachine), to name a few, have spent a bunch of hours testing the game. You can check their archive section if you are interested.
- After the big success of the Spring Series tournament organized by Free Play earlier this year, there is already the announcement for the 2019 edition called ‘Wide World of Fighting Games’. They promise it will be bigger and better. There are few more details in the announcement site.
- There have also been a few tournaments that decided to give 30th Anniversary a first try. For instance, WNF went to main stage and got streamed at LevelUp (part 1: minute 2:13:09. Part 2: minute 4:52:52). The finals were between Alex Valle and eltrouble. Bracket
- The Gaming Zone in Arizona also organized a tournament on 30th Anniversary with Fromo Blanka as the main guest. Stream (minute 2:03:25)
- Too old for this sh*t is a tournament run in Las Vegas which will also be running their tournament on 30th Anniversary by the end of this month.
- There is a very interesting casuals stream on LevelUp channel between Alex Valle, Damdai, CigarBob and LordJimmyBones playing in the same 30th Anniversary lobby.
- Monday Night Fightcade @ Arkadeum run their #80 weekly event last week. The final was between Real Decoy and H-Zero. Bracket | Video | Leaderboard.
- Monday Night Fightcade has started, just by the time this article is published, their first ToL3 online qualifier. The brackets are already available. This will be week 1 of a total of 8 parts.
- TFC 2018 has opened early bird registration for their big tournament in September.
- For some reason or another Capcom has announced that the official release of 30th Anniversary in Japan has been moved to fall.
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto), Kawasim Dhalsim and Nikaiten Boxer were the team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekend tournament (Kanto). The format this week consists of two big teams facing each other. Each player can lose twice with a different character each time.
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Ken Dictator and Nia Honda.
- A FT5 coming from GameSpot Versus (Kanto): Yuuzuru DeeJay vs Nikaiten Boxer (video).
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). With Komoda Blanka as guest. If you want to see Komoda back at his highest level watch the end of this video where he faces Otochun and Kusumondo in the final games.
- Playland F1R 2on2 tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan. May 26 tournament | May 30 tournament
- Fist of the Notts tournament will be finally taking place this weekend in Nottingham, UK. More info
- LaDoseNet published the videos and results or their last monthly ranking battle with 23 participants and with a final between Bansheebot Blanka and Isimorn Claw. Videos (part 1, part 2) | Bracket
- Capcom has released another high level tutorial about Street Fighter 2 (and Super Turbo) mechanics as part of their SF Seminar Series. Highly recommended read.
- SRK has posted an introduction article to Super Turbo for those coming from SF4 and SF5. However, there are several mistakes in the article as some players have pointed out, specifically: “tick throws can only be stopped with reversal special” (correction: they can also be counter thrown), “normals can’t be cancelled into supers with the exception of renda cancelling” (correction: that only applies to a very few situations involving jab or short but not normals in general), “Wake-up throw loses to meaty” (correction: not true unless meaty is spaced outside of throw range)
- We forgot to post the STNotW (ST Normal of the Week) of two weeks ago. In this case it was about Blanka’s slide. This completes the “slide month” which covered Dictator’s, DJ’s, Dhalsim’s, Claw’s and Blanka’s slides. If you missed any of the past articles you have a full list to check them out. Fudd also announced last week that STNotW will be taking a small break for now.