Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- AfroLegends is the 8th Tournament of Legends III qualifier after winning the Super Arcade tournament of last weekend against Tomo in the finals. Mike Watson is commentating for most of the tournament. Stream | Bracket
- Don’s Arcade will run another SoCal Tournament of Legends III qualifier on July 21st. More info
- Monday Night Fightcade had yito2k Dhalsim from Mexico as the second person to earn a spot in the final top 8 that will take place in a few weeks to decide the Tournament of Legends III qualifier. Bracket | Video. The third person to win the a spot in the top 8 took place on their stream last night but we will publish it on next week’s report.
- Northwest Majors in WA will take place this weekend and is a Tournament of Legends III qualifier. Top 8 will be streamed at 9.30pm on Saturday although the channel hasn’t been confirmed yet. Player list and registration
- Remember to check out the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS III fundraiser to help support ST Revival. The next Japanese invite will be unlocked at $1950.
- With some of the old Japanese legends attending the upcoming CEO event (also a Tournament of Legends III qualifier) we wrote a detailed article to review who the legends from the 90s in SF2 were. Check it out if you want to know who was the first SF2 champion, the first ST champion, etc. Speaking of CEO, some people have also announced they will run a Salty Suite with ST as one of the games.
- WNF @ e-sports Arena in LA had their 2.7 edition (Stream @3:37:45 | Bracket) and the 2.6 (Stream @1:07:55 | Bracket) we missed to report last week (both played in 30th Anniversary). In both cases the grand final was between Mr Igloo Boxer and Tomo Ryu.
- Dbostick run another edition of King of the Dojo (KotD) tournament in a round robin format. Video | Bracket
- The Lost Ark arcade in NC run another Super Turbo Sessions of casuals on the weekend. Damdai and Rekkaken were some of the guests attending the event. Both of them also run some more casuals on 30th Anniversary on Damdai’s channel.
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto) with a lot of old character action which is not very common in Japan, Old Fei, Old Honda, Old Ryu, Old Boxer, etc. Nakamu Blanka and Yuuvega Dictator were the team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- X-Count is a project lead by Kusumondo that publishes FT10 series from the Osaka arcades. Now he has joined forces with AFO to do some special events from the arcade in the Fukaya area (where AFO is from). Fukaya is in the Kanto area (where Tokyo is located) but it’s actually 2 hours north by train from Tokyo. There is a trailer of the upcoming special event.
- Gamespot Versus special tournament (Kanto). An amazing 2vs2 team tournament with top players using their alt characters like Yakitori New Hawk, PECO New Ken and Shiki Dhalsim among others and with crazy performances. There were also guest players from the Singapore scene: MRK Honda and Colonel Guile.
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between AFO with his unusual Old Zangief and Seo with his secondary Dictator.
- A long set coming from GameSpot Versus (Kanto): Suzuki Zangief vs Bunchin FeiLong (video).
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). Shogatsu Old Honda and Murasaki Dictator are defending their teams in the final.
- Playland F1R 2on2 tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan.
- The tournament from last week in the UK, Fist of the Notts Star 2, has all the videos now on youtube with a final between Golcarjack Guile and Zero1 Boxer. You can even see some behind the scenes in this other video.
- DonYann is organizing another ST meet up in Paris as a training session for the french qualifier of Tournament of Legends III. It will be on July 7 at Extra Life Café.
- Bob Sagat can’t stop creating a new thing each week. He recently posted a trailer of what will be a new combo video that he has been working on. His creations are definitely the best out there.
- As we mentioned before here is the article about the old school players in Japan during the 90s.