- EVO is already here and ST will be present, as always. There are 90+ players registered. Registration is already closed although you can do it on site but at a much higher price. The tournament is on Friday at 2pm. Top 8 finals is on Saturday at 1pm on the official EVO side stage. It will all be streamed on Atari FGC channel. This tournament is also a Tournament of Legends III qualifier. Brackets
- 2 Old 2 Furious tournament from last weekend had Marsgatti Guile and RenoMD Dictator as finalists. RenoMD had been playing online for the longest and this was his first offline tournament. He played both on pad and stick and he performed extremely well on both up until the final where Marsgatti got his qualifier spot for the Tournament of Legends III. A lot of other top players and quality matches can be seen in the stream. Stream | Bracket
- Monday Night Fightcade had Marsgatti Guile as the seventh person to earn a spot in the final top 8 of the Tournament of Legends III online qualifier. However, since Marsgatti qualified few days later in the offline 2 Old 2 Furious tournament in New York, the 2nd place will take his spot for the top 8, in this case, Hokuto Claw. Bracket | Video.
- Kumite in Texas/Low Tier city event took place last weekend with a final between Jumpsuit, who used Zangief in the final, and Sean Boxer. Both of them went to the very last round to decide the victory. Pools Video | Top 8 stream | Bracket
- Footage from last week ToL3 qualifier at Don’s Arcade has now been posted on youtube, just in case someone prefers to watch it there instead of twitch. Video
- Both TFC (registration link) and SummerJam (registration link) are Tournament of Legends III qualifiers that will take place in the East Coast in September. You might be late for the TFC pre-registration to get a lower price but you are still on time to pre-register for SummerJam which ends in 2 weeks.
- Bonus 1: We only post news related to ST but last weekend many ST players went to Super Arcade to play an HF tournament so eltrouble, Millertime, Tomo (not Ohira but the Japanese Ryu living in LA for a year) and many others were present. The final was between Mike Watson and OG Ken. Stream | Bracket. Speaking of HF, Twin Galaxies is organizing a special exhibition between Alex Valle and John Choi who will face each other in HF at some point of the event. It will be on Saturday night right next to the EVO venue and streamed on TG channel, commented by James Chen.
- Bonus 2: From South America, the “Super Turbo Argentina” group continues being very active and they posted the footage of their last 2 online tournaments (week 1, week 2). They also announced the rules for the upcoming ones and even an offline tournament. You can check more details if you are from the area. Group info
- The classic 3vs3 major in Japan, called X-EST, is just two weekends away. They even created a cool trailer (in English!) for the tournament which has 43 teams registered already. Mark it in your calendars, August 11 @ Akihabara e-sports SQUARE. It will be streamed on Game Newton channel. Official Site
- Tokyo is not the only place in Japan with annual events. Space Shuttle in Nagoya (land of MAO, Superstar, Futachan and others) also organizes 3vs3 and other special events. Last weekend they run the 3rd Young Tiger Cup. The special feature of this tournament is that the only players allowed to participate are those who have never won a major before (similar to the X-er tournament in Tokyo). The tournament can be seen in 3 parts (part 1, part 2, part 3). [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- After the 3rd Young Tiger Cup, all the usual players did a special East vs West event format as they used to do every week on Fridays (not anymore). For this team tournament, Opemai Claw and Yondaime Old Sagat played as team captains. There are up to 6 Claws in one of the teams and that’s not counting MAO who is playing in the opposite team. Nagoya (Chubu) is known for having most of the top Claws in the scene, as this event proves. [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- As we announced in previous weeks, Mat Mouse already closed its doors but there are some final videos being edited and uploaded. This time it’s a set of casuals that many known players didn’t want to miss: TZW Guile, Mattsun Ken, Shu Ken, Soiya Ken, Kote Sagat, Sashishi Ryu, Munari Sagat, Hebimetako Cammy and Hanamaruki Ryu. Video
- Yuuvega Dictator had a couple of FT4 a few weeks ago after the main event they do every week at Game Daytona Shiki arcade. The first one is against Kuregin Dhalsim (video) and the second one against Gucchi Ryu (video). [source: Daytona twitch channel]
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto). Kotaka Shoten Guile and Kawasim Dhalsim were the team captains. Really good performances from Tensai Chinpanji Fei and Komoda Blanka. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- North vs South weekly tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). Shogatsu and Kusumondo were the team captains. No annotations.
- Game Newton Ooyama team tournament (Kanto). They did an East vs West format but giving each player two chances instead of one. An outstanding performance from Munari New Sagat. Him and VIPER Hawk played the decisive match for the team victory. [source: Ooyama nico channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Sakamoto Old ChunLi and Seo Dictator. [source: Daytona twitch channel]
- Special East vs West tournament format at Amipara Technoland (Chugoku). They always do this format just after their usual monthly regular tournament. For some reason, they are posting both May and June editions now. June edition had the visit of players from Kanto and Chubu, like Shu Ken, Kawamata Ryu, Keishin ChunLi, Edo ChunLi, Wani!K Honda, etc. We linked the videos of the original source and added player names in English as the first video comment.
- Playland F1R 2on2 tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan, unfortunately with no annotations. [source: Playland twitch channel]
- The fourth Tournament of Legends III European qualifier is getting closer and closer. It will take place the weekend after EVO and there are top European players already registered for it. Enter the ToL will happen in Morlaix, France. Registration
- The finalists of the previous qualifier, Biollo and Spinalblood (both of them from Italy) did a Kumite that has been now posted to youtube. Spinalblood is a very particular case as there are almost no other New Sagat specialists outside of Japan. Spinalblood kumite | Biollo kumite
- LaDOSE posted the footage of their last ranking battle which they do monthly in Lyon. The finals were between ISIMORN Claw and GxC Mitsu Old Sagat. Video | Brackets | Blog post
- The footage from the VSFighting tournament of last week has been fully annotated and uploaded to youtube which is much better than watching it from the stream archive on twitch. Video playlist | Bracket
- The Spanish community run their monthly event. The final was between Rocco Zangief and pof Boxer. Top 3 video | Bracket. By the end of the year there will be a final tournament with the top 8 of the ranked players.
- There are several events all over the world to gather and watch EVO on stream. One of them is in the UK and they are planning to show the ST stream. Located in Sheffield check the event details if it’s near you.
- Arcadeshock continues with their special gear but this time paying homage to ST, or more specifically 2X, by making both a button and a balltop with the game logo. Both of them are available for pre-order.
- Arcadeshock, Brook and Jasen’s Customs have teamed up to create a pcb board that is able to make an arcade stick compatible with up to 10 retro consoles. With the PS360+ days left behind this board claims to add no lag and to be compatible with the UFB brook board. For ST players this gives us a chance to play console versions of the game with a quality modern stick, specially the Dreamcast version which is usually regarded as the best port of the game. You can pre-order it already.
- Someone in Japan made a chart showing the order of the CPU opponents you can get based on the character you select. We still haven’t figured out the source so in the meantime we hosted the image temporarily for you to see.
Also, please check out the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS III fundraiser at https://www.gofundme.com/legends3 to help support ST Revival with tournament expenses and pick up some awesome Super Turbo related goodies in the process. If you can’t swing a full donation for one of the prizes, a small donation of even a couple of dollars is still greatly appreciated! The next Japanese invite will be unlocked at $1950!