Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- The guys at Free Play in Texas have set the dates for their biggest tournament of the year and one of the biggest in ST, as it happened last year, with Japanese invite, great prices and great production. It will happen at Free Play Arlington Arcade on April 12-14, 2019. The tournament called FPA WWFG will open its registration on January 2019. More information
- Their other arcade in Texas, Free Play Richardson, will have a 2vs2 tournament on their Tuesday Night Fights (11/20) in celebration of their new Versus City with ST. Any reason is a good excuse to run a tournament. It will be at 7.30pm (Texas time). Stream
- Monday Night Fightcade @ Arkadeum run their #103 weekly event with x64 and Read Decoy in the finals. Bracket | Video
- Another FT10 from the Kemonomichi series run at Space Shuttle arcade (Chubu) hosted at MAO-db channel. Gotoh Ryu vs the legendary ARG Claw. It also includes some extra commentary at minute 23:19 (in Japanese)
- A Kumite coming from Gamespot Versus (Kanto) of Toukon ChunLi, one of the most under rated ChunLis in the Japanese scene but definitely one of the top ones. The Kumite format, in this case, lets him play each opponent until he gets the win against them. Annotations are in video description and also a little interview at the end of the clip (video).
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto). East vs West format. Kawamata Ryu and Kawasim Dhalsim as team captains. Annotations in video description. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Newton Ooyama special team tournament (Kanto). 3vs3 team tournament with great performances from VIPER Hawk and Kawasim Dhalsim. Annotations in video description. [source: Ooyama nico channel]
- North vs South weekly team tournament #103 from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). Kusumondo Honda and Murasaki Dictator face each other in the decisive match. Player name annotations on screen both in Japanese and English. [source: Shogatsu’s youtube channel – live stream every Monday night – Japan time)]
- #79 monthly tournament at Ko-hatsu arcade (Kansai). Unfortunately, no brackets nor annotations. Video [source: Kohatsu twitch channel – live stream of 2X once a month]
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Tomoza Boxer and Haru KING Honda. Annotations in video description. [source: Daytona twitch channel – live stream on Friday nights (Japan time)]
- Playland F1R 2on2 tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan. October 27 edition with annotations in video description. And October 31 edition with no annotations. [source: Playland twitch channel]
- The popular French Youtuber Benzaie has published several episodes of his gaming experience in Japan. One of those episodes is dedicated to 2X where he meets NicoFromTokyo and goes through some training for the final test against the game grandmasters at the weekly Gamespot Versus. Content in French. Video
- HFSPlay have released a trailer of their big tournament for 2019 which will include the 2X tournament called FactorX. Unfortunately, they confirmed they can’t guarantee a recording of the whole tournament and only few games in the finals are likely to be streamed.
- An FT5 between Forteuropa Dictator (from Sweden) and Myco Boxer (from France) over Fightcade. (video)
- The next ranking battle event at Extra Life Cafe in Paris (France) has confirmed the guest visit of Isimorn from Lyon. November 18. Event info
- At the time of this writing, Well Playd Winter is running their ST tournament in Newcastle (UK), not sure if anything will be recorded though.
- The Spanish community made their first attempt to stream their monthly tournament. This time with a final between Marcade Honda and Christianbko Claw. Annotations on video description. Video | Bracket
- BornFree uploaded to youtube the ST training session he had with James Chen a while back. It has many interesting moments and stories in the conversation including all the questions James Chen answers that many people coming from other games might have as well. Video