- The guys from Free Play in Texas are running a big 2vs2 tournament as part of their Tuesday Night Fights, with JoshC as a guest visiting from New York. Unfortunately, we weren’t on time to publish this before Tuesday so we’ll post the results and more details from last night in the next week’s report. Bracket | Stream
- We have been missing the ranking battle run in Brazil since they use facebook live video and it’s not in our radar. Players from Argentina have also joined in some of the sessions and the commentators in the videos speak in both Spanish and Portuguese. Even known south american specialists in CE, like Klebim Balrog, is joining the raking battle to give ST a chance. Stream list
- We also have been missing the streams the crew in Mexico does on facebook with well known players from that area. Stream list
- Monday Night Fightcade @ Arkadeum run their #110 weekly event with RemoMD Dictator and x64 Honda in the finals. Bracket | Video
- FT10 from the KomonoMichi Series. Kaneko Guile vs. AFO Blanka.
- FT5 at Space Shuttle arcade (Chubu). Hakase Dhalsim (visiting from Tokyo) vs Yondaime Old Sagat.
- The Nagata Shogatsu Special from the recent New Years Eve has been posted with many known players in it, including some players who were visiting from the Taiwan community.
- Game Spot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto). East vs West format. Kawamata Ryu and Yakitori Old Hawk as team captains. Yakitori with yet another incredible performance. Also with Fran Boxer from Italy (aka Fran3s) as a guest who apparently participated in the last 4Fox tournament as well. Annotations in video description. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Newton Ooyama special team tournament (Kanto). Team tournament with the presence of some inactive players showing up, like Shiki Boxer and Inomata Hawk, one of the best Hawks from the late 2000s and the player who discovered the Sako tick (there used to be two Inomata Hawk players so we hope we are talking about the right one). Update: We have been told this is his little brother “Inomata Ototo” and not the one we were referring to. Annotations in video description. [source: Ooyama nico channel]
- North vs South weekly team tournament #112 from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). Kusumondo Honda and Shogatsu Old Honda face each other in the decisive match. Player name annotations on screen both in Japanese and English. [source: Shogatsu’s youtube channel – live stream every Monday night – Japan time)]
- North vs South New Years Eve special team tournament #111 from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai). Otochun ChunLi and Aniken Ken face each other in the decisive match. During the tournament you can see some unusual picks like Otochun Old Ken, Aniken Old Ken or Aniken Boxer. Player name annotations on screen in Japanese but translated them in English in the description for reference. [source: Shogatsu’s youtube channel – live stream every Monday night – Japan time)]
- Special monthly 3vs3 at Game Spot Versus (Kanto) with plenty of OCVs throughout the tournament. Annotations in video description. [source: GSV twitch channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Isaji Old Cammy and Hide ChunLi. You would be surprised how far you can get with the worst character of the game played by a Cammy specialist. Annotations in video description. [source: Daytona twitch channel – live stream on Friday nights (Japan time)]
- Playland F1R tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan. January 4 edition (no annotations) | December 28 special tournament (annotations in video description). [source: Playland twitch channel]
- More footage from Japanese arcades we weren’t aware of. This time coming from an arcade at Kanazawa at the very north of the central area (Chubu). They run a tournament 3 weeks ago but they don’t have any frequent ST even there. Name players are written in Japanese on screen. There is a top player in the video named Roku ロク (Honda). He used to play big tournaments a few years ago but now he is only playing locally. Japanese players consider him one of the top Hondas in Japan along with Kusumondo and Shogatsu. Nakamu Honda uses his name sometimes as an homage (he uses his color as well which makes it very confusing).
- The big MixUp tournament will take place on April 20-21 in Lyon, with 2X as one of the tournaments. The guys behind it just announced registration will start on January 20. Website
- Next tournament at Extra Life Cafe in Paris will be on January 20. Although it’s still not confirmed whether or not they will stream it. More info
- Weekly sessions from the arcade in Singapore. Annotations in video description. January 11 edition | January 7 edition
- Undamned finally released yet another game-changing product for CPS2 owners. InfiniKey is now available through Paradise Arcade Shop in the US, Video Game Perfection in the UK or SeekNet in Australia.
- If you are in Japan these days please visit Akihabara Radio Hall Store. They have a lot of SF2 and ST collectibles and products (old and new). The event is called Street Fighter Champion Exhibition II and will be open from January 11 to 27. More info